This is our new clap skate. All our experience of the last fifteen years came together in this new model that will define the start of a new era. This is a skate with all the specs of a high-end model, but the price will surprise you. It makes the Balance the ideal skate for ambitious athletes.
Skating is all about keeping your balance. The Balance is exactly made for that. The falling forward motion of the body is what makes this sport unique and different from all other sports. You can only use your strength and endurance if you’re in balance. Your posture, your hips, control when you start your stroke and pressure in the push-off; it’s balance before power.
We are not making skates for athletes who are happy with what they’re already capable of. We are designing our skates for athletes who strive for more. Better control, more balance. That’s why we are so fussy about the fit. A shoe has to have a snug fit perfectly around your foot. There is no control in flexible shoes, as it is in a perfect fit! If the fit is right, you can add more stiffness to a shoe and that will make everything more efficient: gliding, push-off, pressure in the corners. It gives you the control of your stroke that you are looking for. That’s our philosophy at Cádomotus.
- Quality steel from Japan, hardness 64-65HRC for the best gliding.
- Stainless steel with high strength value, no more corrosion and dimensionally stable.
- Aerospace lightweight aluminum bridge for dependable strength.
- Industrial cartridge ball bearings for a maintenance-free clap system.
Length of blade
|Blade length||15″ – 18″|
|Blade steel||M42 bimetal 64-65HRC|
|Blade tube alloy||SUS304 3/4|
|Bridge size||140mm – 190mm|
|Type of Ice Blades||Langebaan Klapschaats|
2. Carbon shell base
3. Foot length=boot size
The chart below explains the dimensions for all 110-series boots. The width dimensions of the boot can be modified to accommodate your feet in case they are wider or more narrow. Do to so please continue reading our heat molding instructions.
Boot sizes (millimeters): length
|European boot sizing | length in millimeters (inside measurement)|
|32 | 33 | 34 (S)||35 | 36 |37 (M)||38 | 39 | 40 (L)|
|JR2, Rookie One & Two||202||209||216||223||230||237||244||251||258||265||272|
|Ci1 iD boots||238||244||250||256||262||268||274||280||286||292||298|
|Nero, Bianco longtrack||215||221||228||235||241||248||255||261||268||275||281||288||295||301|
|Linear sizing in CM’s | length in millimeters (inside measurement)|
|Reference EU size||35 ½||36||37||38||38 ½||39||40||41||41 ½||42||43||44||44 ½|
|Balance/Pressure ice skate||225||230||235||240||245||250||255||260||265||270||275||280||285|
Find your Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet from your heel to toe (follow instructions in the sketch below). Some people have one foot slightly larger than the other. Choose the size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the socks or tights you’ll wear most often with your shoes. For thicker socks, you may want to order shoes ½ size larger than you normally wear.
- Measure your feet in the afternoon when feet tend to be their largest.
- If you require a wide width, we advise to order a ½ size larger.
- Inline boots should offer a few millimeters extra space in front of the toes.
1. Put your foot on a sheet of paper with your heel against the wall.
2. Outline your foot on the paper.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for your other foot.
4. Measure your foot from the tip of your toe to your heel.